Yup, you read that right. Pink Popcorn. Probably the best thing since sliced bread. How often does something taste as adorable as it looks? You’re probably wondering how something taste adorable, right? We don’t know… it should sounded good though.
So what’s pink popcorn? A rare snack food from the 1950’s, your mom and dad probably could only get it from a mom & pop shop. Well, we’ve tracked down the recipe to share with you.
So here’s what you’ll need:
What to do with the goods
1. Set your popped popcorn to the side, we’ll play with it later.
2. In a saucepan combine your sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat until your sugar dissolves.
3. Soft ball stage! Stir occasionally until it reaches soft ball stage. Try to keeping the mixture at a low boil ’til the temp reaches about 230 degrees. No thermometer? Get a glass of ice cold water, drop some of the mixture into it. Take the mixture and if it forms a ball in the water with your fingers and you can flatten it outside the water, you’ve hit the soft ball stage.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat, and add your vanilla and food coloring. Stir well.
5. Here’s the fun part: Get a big mixing bowl (big enough to mix well) and add your popcorn, pour your pink goodness over and mix , mix , mix!
5. Place the mixture on a cookie sheet with parchment, let it dry.
Once it dries, you’ll be a greedy pink popcorn eater :).
Share this for a birthday or your next girls night!